Catawba Sustainability Center Field Day
June 26 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$10.00
Join partners of the Upper and Middle James Riparian Consortium to learn about the latest research and guidance on successful riparian buffer projects. Participants will tour Virginia Tech’s Catawba Sustainability Center, a beautiful 377-acre farm and living laboratory, finishing with lunch from Roanoke Co+op.
What you’ll learn:
- Best practices for site preparation and ensuring tree health
- How to design buffers for pollinator habitat and native flowers
- Ways to support agroforestry options, including native fruit and nut trees, and other food-producing buffers
- Techniques for installing buffers along swales
- An overview on the range of buffer research happening at Catawba
Registration and a $10/person fee are required. The event is limited to 50 attendees.
Hands on CBLP CEUs available.