Hands-On: Buffer Planting in Pennsylvania
April 6 - April 27Free
The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay needs many hands (20-50 volunteers for each event) to help plant riparian buffers. You may count your this toward your CBLP hands on CEUs.
- April 6th – Lititz, PA – 8am to 2pm
- April 13th – Ephrata, PA – 10am to 1pm
- April 13th – Lancaster City – 2pm to 6pm
- April 27th – Manheim Township, Lancaster, PA – 9am to Noon
- April 27th – Narvon, PA – 2pm to 6pm
Items to consider:
- Feel free to bring shovels and gloves, but we will have extras for you to use
- We recommend bringing water and snacks for yourself, just in case
- Please wear closed-toed, waterproof shoes (like hiking boots or muck boots)
Please register by completing this form. More details will be provided upon registration.
Feel free to contact Jenna Mackley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-517-8698, if you have any questions regarding this event or other volunteer opportunities with the Alliance in Pennsylvania.
Want to learn more about riparian forest buffers? Check out the Chesapeake Riparian Forest Buffer Network website!