Building Momentum for Coastal Resilience
May 2 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$25
Workshop Goal: Multiple actions are currently underway in Virginia to address current and future coastal risk. Shoreline communities are on the front lines dealing with tidal flooding, sea level rise, shoreline erosion, and development. Managers and practitioners are working to protect natural storm buffers, promote effective living shorelines, and educate the public. This workshop provides an opportunity for Virginia’s shoreline management community to come together to learn, discuss, and build momentum for addressing coastal resilience.
Planned Workshop Topics:
- Virginia’s Coastal Resilience Master Plan – where shoreline management fits in
- Shoreline Property Owner Perspectives
- Tidal Flooding & Sea-Level Rise Mapping Tools
- Regional Resilience Groups, Collaboratives & Forums
- NGO Initiatives – living shorelines and education outreach
- VA Marine Resources Commission Update
- 2019 Virginia General Assembly Update
- Outside Experiences at Teaching Marsh & VIMS Beach
Location: Virginia Institute of Marine Science, Watermen’s Hall. More details about the workshop location will be provided to registered participants.
Registration Deadline: 9:00AM, April 29th (firm)
CBLP CEUs are available.